Plastic is a kind of polymeric compound which is made from monomer and polymerized by addition or condensation polymerization. Plastics can be divided into thermosetting and thermoplastic according to their plasticity, the latter can be recycled. Chemical resistance, light weight and solid, cheap price, easy coloring, wide application and easy to process and mass production are common characteristics of plastics. In addition, most of them are good insulators, and some of them can even withstand high temperatures.
The plastics commonly used in industrial production are as follows:
1. Polyethylene (PE) is divided into LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE according to the molecular weight, polymerization method and chain structure. They all have good electrical insulation, and good chemical stability, but can not withstand high temperatures. HDPE is often used in the production of thin film products, wire cladding, etc. LDPE is usually used in the production of injection molding products and hollow products.
2. Polypropylene (PP), also has chemical resistance, high temperature resistance, electrical insulation, high strength mechanical property, and excellent abrasion resistance processing property, etc. It is usually used in the production of insulation shell, wire and cable of household electrical appliances.
3. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) has the advantages of flame retardant, chemical corrosion resistance, good mechanical strength and electrical insulation. It is widely used in fire protection because of its flame retardancy.
4. Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene Copolymers (ABS), has excellent mechanical properties, featuring good impact strength, which can be used at extremely low temperature, and it has good electrical insulation and corrosion resistance. Generally, it is suitable for the production of products requiring flame retardant and high heat resistance, but the higher price will be replaced by PVC in some markets.
5. Polyamide (PA), colloquial name is nylon, commonly used in production as PA66, with high fatigue strength and rigidity, high temperature resistance, low friction coefficient and good wear resistance. Usually used in the production of waterproof cable glands.
6. Polycarbonates (PC) is colorless and transparent, flame retardant and antioxidant, but not UV resistant, and will turn yellow when exposed to UV for a long time. Commonly used in the production of waterproof box shell.